(Blue Mountain Watershed Trust Foundation)
|Contact||Norman Wingrove, Blue Mountain Watershed Trust Foundation; Phone: 705-445-0357 * 705-445-1117 * 705-444-9432; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Duties||It is the responsibility of the Accountant to maintain proper bookkeeping and accounting systems that ensure that the BMWTF uses its financial resources according to its mission. This supports our financial goals, maintains our financial health, and ensures compliance with essential statutory requirements. |
Responsibilities (Under the direction of the Treasurer and Board):
• Maintain the accounts of record using a computerized accounting system.
• Record transactions, including cash receipts, cash disbursements, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, and investments.
• Reconcile bank statements to the accounting records on a monthly basis.
• Transferring financial information to the General Ledger.
• Prepare cheques.
• Prepare income tax receipts for donations.
• Preparing financial reports and statements bi-monthly for presentation to the Board of Directors. The reports should include last year’s budget and actual, the current year’s budget and actual and the year’s forecast.
• Financial controls – follow approved system of financial controls in the procedures for authorization and approval and proper documentation.
• Prepare year-end statements/working papers for review by auditor and meet with auditor to provide required documentation and to discuss audited financial statements
• Prepare reports that meet the Trust’s obligation to report, such as T1044 Registered Charity Information Return, HST rebates, etc.
|Clients||BMWT Board of Directors, BMWT Treasurer, vendors, Canada Revenue Agency, HST.|
|Ages||18 year(s) and up|
|Suitable for OSSD||No|
|Suitable For||Adults (18+) ; Seniors (55+) ; Post-secondary students ; Men ; Women|
|Areas of Interest||Finance / Cash Handling ; Office Administration|
|Skills/Experience||Accounting & Finance ; Communication & Interpersonal Skills ; Confidentiality ; Dependability & Trustworthiness ; General Computer Skills ; Preferable an accounting designation. Five years experience in accounting. Understanding of financial accounting for a not-for-profit organization.|
|Interaction Level||Small Group|
|Minimum Hours||15 / Month|
|Dates and Times||The BMWTF is an all volunteer organization. Dates and times are flexible. Reports would be presented to bi-monthly Board meetings and the Annual General Meeting. Work can be done at home on a computer.|
|Accessibility||Not Accessible - Board meetings are currently held on a second floor venue, which is not accessible. However, the venue of Board meetings could be changed to an accessible location.|
|Number of Positions||Simcoe County: 1 individual(s) |
1 individual(s) needed in total.
|Training||Orientation ; Training on the job ; Present Accountant is retiring. Training would be on the job from the incumbent.|
|Transportation||Would need to be able to get to Board meetings.|
|Application Deadline||19 Nov 2019|
|Cost||Membership fee $30.00 per year.|
|Police Check||Not Required|
|Additional Requirements||Two letters of reference.|
|Start Date||On or after 29 Nov 2019|
|[ Other Opportunities | Suggest New Opportunity ]|
|Organization Name||Blue Mountain Watershed Trust Foundation|
|Office Phone||Office: 705-445-0357|
|Address & Map|
View Google Map
|Mailing Address||P.O. Box 605 |
Canada L9Y 4E8