Teen Advisory Board
(Barrie Public Library, Downtown Branch - 60 Worsley St)
|Contact||Sylvia Mueller, Volunteer Coordinator, Barrie Public Library; Phone: 705-728-1010 ext 2266; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Duties||- Attend monthly TAB meetings on a regular basis, for one and a half to two hour periods. |
- Assist in increasing teen awareness of the library and it’s teen resources to youth in the community through actively participating in Young Adult collection development, Young Adult programming, Young Adult volunteer opportunities, Young Adult services and the teen webpage.
- May become an officer on the TAB. Officers consist of three Representatives: A President; a Vide-President and a Secretary as well as the Young Adult Information Assistant.
- The President shall work with the Young Adult Information Assistant to organize TAB meetings, create TAB meeting agendas and preside over TAB meetings. The President will serve as membership coordinator, inform members of upcoming meetings, programs and events and serve as contact person for other TAB members.
- The Vice-President will serve as the President in his or her absence. The Vice-President will keep track of active and inactive members and new applications. The Vice-President will inform and remind all members of upcoming meetings, programs and special events or meetings.
- The Secretary will keep minutes of TAB meetings, providing copies to each member in a timely fashion. The Secretary will inform the Representatives of members that are absent and will read the previous minutes at the regular meeting.
- Report concerns, needs or incidents to the Young Adult Information Assistant or other appropriate library staff.
- Work with other volunteers as a team in meeting the needs of customers and the Library Board.
|More Info Link||bttr.im/a2j3l|
|Benefits||Teamwork experience, board experience, planning programs, and promote teen reading!|
|Ages||14 year(s) - 19 year(s)|
|Suitable for OSSD||Yes|
|Suitable For||Highschool students|
|Areas of Interest||Community / Neighbourhood Volunteering ; Community Outreach ; Program Coordination / Support ; Youth Engagement ; Youth Services|
|Skills/Experience||Communication & Interpersonal Skills ; Creativity ; Dependability & Trustworthiness ; Friendly & Outgoing ; Leadership ; Listening Skills ; Planning & Organizing ; Team Work|
|Commitment Length||1 year minimum|
|Interaction Level||Small Group|
|Minimum Hours||2 / Month|
|Dates and Times||Monday: Afternoon, Evening|
|Number of Positions||Barrie: 5 individual(s) |
5 individual(s) needed in total.
|Training||Orientation ; Training on the job|
|Transportation||Near public transit|
|Additional Requirements||A completed application form, two references, and a interview. |
If the individual is 18 or 19 years of age, a police check is required.
|[ More Agency Info | Other Opportunities | Suggest New Opportunity ]|
|Organization Name||Barrie Public Library, Downtown Branch - 60 Worsley St|
|Address & Map|
60 Worsley St
Barrie, ON L4M 1L6
View Google Map