Cat Adoption Counselor
(Georgian Triangle Humane Society, Collingwood - 10th Line)
|Comments||COVID-19 Update |
|Contact||Adrienne, Volunteer Coordinator, Georgian Triangle Humane Society; Phone: 705-445-5204 ext 230; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Duties||COVID-19 Update |
Regular Volunteer Opportunity
The Virtual Cat Adoption Counselor assists the public with adoption by matching pet and person
- includes, but is not limited to, answering any and all questions about cat ownership, the cat or kitten they might be interested in
- adopting and the GTHS adoption process
- facilitating the actual adoption, as well as providing other information to set the adopter and their new pet up for success once they are home.
- role is integral to matching the right cat (personality type, energy level, special home requirements, etc.) with the right adopter
|More Info Link||https://www.gths.ca/volunteering/cat-adoption-counselor/|
|Ages||18 year(s) and up|
|Suitable For||Adults (18+) ; Seniors (55+) ; Post-secondary students ; Men ; Women ; Individuals|
|Areas of Interest||Animal Services ; Customer / Sales Services|
|Skills/Experience||Communication & Interpersonal Skills ; Confidentiality ; Customer Service ; Dependability & Trustworthiness ; Friendly & Outgoing ; General Computer Skills ; Listening Skills ; Patience ; Planning & Organizing ; Positive / Cheerful Demeanor ; Self-Motivated / Work Independently ; Team Work ; - Experience working with / handling cats |
- full job description will be supplied with details of the role and responsibilities, as well as the skills required, upon request.
- NB: Must have access to a telephone, device such as iPad / tablet, laptop or desktop computer and knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PDFs / Adobe
|Commitment Length||One shift per week, approximately 4-6 hours. A minimum commitment of six months is required.|
|Interaction Level||Solitary ; One-on-one ; Small Group ; Virtual Volunteering - Must have access to a telephone, device such as iPad / tablet, laptop or desktop computer and knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PDFs / Adobe ; Due to the pandemic this position is currently a virtual one, however, will likely revert to an onsite position at our animal centre|
|Minimum Hours||4.5 / Week|
|Dates and Times||Tuesday: Morning, Afternoon |
Friday: Morning, Afternoon
One shift per week, approximately 4-6 hours. A minimum commitment of six months is required.
|Number of Positions||Simcoe County: 2 individual(s) |
2 individual(s) needed in total.
|Training||Orientation ; Training is provided ; Training is required ; Scheduled training ; Training on the job|
|Transportation||Near public transit ; Car required|
|Police Check||Not Required|
|Additional Requirements||- For volunteer vacancies, FAQs and more, please go to:Volunteer at GTHS |
- Please note that an application form will need to be completed in order to apply for any volunteer position at the GTHS and can be located under the 'How to become a GTHS volunteer' section within the above link.
|[ More Agency Info | Other Opportunities | Suggest New Opportunity ]|
|Organization Name||Georgian Triangle Humane Society, Collingwood - 10th Line|
|Toll Free Phone||24 hr reporting animal abuse or neglect Ontario wide: 310-7722 * 310-SPCA|
|Address & Map|
549 10th Line
Collingwood, ON L9Y 0W1
View Google Map